BIO-C REPAIR is a reparative cement, while BIO-C SEALER is a cement root canal obturation.What is the setting time for BIO-C REPAIR?
The setting time will depend on the availability of moisture in the medium, but usually occurs in about 120 minutes.What are the indications for BIO-C REPAIR?
- As a reparative cement, BIO-C REPAIR has the same indications of MTA ANGELUS and MTA REPAIR HP, which are:
- Treatment of perforation of root or furcation by canal;
- Treatment of perforation of root or furcation surgically;
- Treatment of internal resorption via canal;
- Treatment of external or communicating internal resorption surgically;
- Retrofilling in paraendodontic surgery;
- Direct and indirect pulp capping;
- Pulp regeneration.
How to perform the BIO-C REPAIR application?
It depends on the application spot and professional preferences. Spatulas or MTA applicators (MTA Angelus applicator) can be used.Why does Bio-C Repair have more resistance if its and Bio-C Sealer's components are the same?
The difference between Bio-C Sealer and Bio-C Repair is in the amount of nanoparticle silica. In the case of Bio-C Repair, the amount of silica is about 5 times higher. Silica is responsible for the rheometry, giving the consistency of paste for Bio-C Sealer and putty for Bio-C Repair.
As the Bio-C Repair has more silica at the end of the hydration process, around 28 days, the material will have a higher resistance than the Bio-C Sealer. This is because the Bio-C Repair particles are closer to each other, allowing for greater cohesion of the cross-link of the phases formed during the hydration process: hydrated calcium silicate (C-H-S) and calcium hydroxide particles.
More than biocompatible!Description
Bioceramic reparative material ready to use.Recommendation
- Treatment of the root canal perforations or furcation;
- Sealing of internal and communicating root resorptions;
- Retrofilling in endodontic surgeries;
- Pulp capping in treatments;
- High release of calcium ions
- High alkalinity (ph~12)
- Setting expansion and Chemical adhesion to dentin
- Radiopacifier Zirconium Oxide
- Non-resin composition
- Average particulate size (~2 microns)
- Easy to use and insert into cavity
- Stimulates tissue regeneration
- Bactericidal action
- Prevents bacterial infiltration
- High radiopacity and does not stain
- Absorbs moisture from the environment, starting the setting process
- Does not contain heavy metals
- Allows use in humid media without loss of properties, especially in surgeries where the humidity control of the operative site is difficult
- Greater reactivity, accelerating the healing process
- Ref. 3861 - Packing with 1 syringe of 0,5g
- Ref. 3863 - Packing with 4 syringes of 0,5g