To seal the dam perforation site, avoiding the leakage of saliva. It also improves the adaptation of the dam around the tooth, which is normally done with the dental floss.Can the ligature be reused?
No because it is composed of a latex which cannot be sterilized.Can the ligature replace the rubber dam clamp?
In situations when the tooth presents a retentive cervical third, yes, the ligature may replace the metal clamp.
Ideal sealing for the isolation.Description
Ligatures for rubber dam isolation.Recommendation
Sealing of the rubber dam in dental procedures under absolute isolation.Characteristics
- High tensile strength
- Perfect sealing of the isolated teeth
- May replace metal clamp in some cases
- Two shapes
- Resistance to rupture
- Avoids leakage of moisture into operative field
- Avoids damage to gingival tissues
- For anterior and posterior teeth
- Ref. 370 - Amarrilho Package with 24 units (12 anterior and 12 posterior)