The parallel-sided shape of Reforpost favors its mechanical interlocking with the root canal walls. Its conical tip allows less tooth reparation at the apical third, saving dentin in this area.What drills should be used with Reforpost Glass Fiber?
- Post 1 – Largo drill number 3
- Post 2 – Largo drill number 4
- Post 3 – Largo drill number 5
- Post preparation: clean with alcohol, apply silane (Silano – Angelus) for 1 minute, apply the adhesive.
- Root canal: acid-etch (37% phosphoric acid for 30 seconds), wash with water, dry with absorbent paper points, apply the primer, apply the adhesive, place Reforpost with resin cement (Cement Post – Angelus).
The undercuts increase the retention of the post with the cement.Why does Reforpost 1 have a smooth middle part, without undercuts?
Its thinner diameter and, consequently, less fiber, could render Reforpost 1 more fragile. So its middle part is smooth, thicker and stronger.What cement should be used with Reforpost?
For the cementation of glass fiber posts, self (chemically) – cured only resin cements (Cement Post – Angelus) are the best recommendation.
Reforpost Glass Fiber
Glass fiber parallel intraradicular post with conical tip.Recommendation
Support of restorations and prosthetic.Characteristics
- Parallel shape with grooves
- Metal filament
- Longitudinal fibers
- For use with Peeso (Largo) drills
- High concentration of fibers
- Modulus of elasticity similar to dentin's
- Conical tip
- Direct use (prefabricated)
- Great retention
- Allows radiographic visualization
- Easy removal
- Easy to adapt
- Great mechanical properties
- Lower risk of root fracture
- less tissue removal in apical third of root canal
- Saves clinical time and decreases lab costs
- Ref. 720 - Reforpost Glass Fiber Kit - 30 posts (10 nº 1, 10 nº 2 and 10 nº 3), 3 Peeso (Largo) drills (1 nº 3, 1 nº 4 and 1 nº 5), 1 radiographic guide
- Ref. 721- Reforpost Glass Fiber Refill 1 - 5 posts nº 1
- Ref. 722 - Reforpost Glass Fiber Refill 2 - 5 posts nº 2
- Ref. 723 - Reforpost Glass Fiber Refill 3 - 5 posts nº 3
- Ref. 724 - Reforpost Glass Fiber Mini Kit - 15 posts (5 nº 1, 5 nº 2 and 5 nº 3), 1 radiographic guide
- Ref. 726 - Reforpost Glass Fiber Refil 1 - 10 posts n.1
- Ref. 727 - Reforpost Glass Fiber Refil 2 - 10 posts n.2
- Ref. 728 - Reforpost Glass Fiber Refil 3 - 10 posts n.3