The carbon fiber pin is black in color and currently has the same mechanical strength as a glass fiber pin (1200 Mpa).What drills should be used with Reforpost CARBON Fiber?
Post 1 – Largo drill number 3
Post 2 – Largo drill number 4
Post 3 – Largo drill number 5What are the steps for the cementation of Reforpost CARBON Fiber?
Post preparation: clean with alcohol, apply silane (Silano – Angelus) for 1 minute, apply the adhesive.
Root canal: acid-etch (37% phosphoric acid for 30 seconds), wash with water, dry with absorbent paper points, apply the primer, apply the adhesive, place Reforpost with resin cement.What is the advantage of a serrated post?
The undercuts increase the retention of the post with the cement.Why does Reforpost 1 have a smooth middle part, without undercuts?
It’s thinner diameter and, consequently, less fiber, could render Reforpost 1 more fragile. So its middle part is smooth, thicker and stronger.What cement should be used with Reforpost?
For the cementation of CARBON fiber posts, self (chemically)-cured only resin cements are the best recommendation.
Reforpost Carbon Fiber
Carbon fiber parallel intraradicular post with conical tip.Recommendation
Support of restorations and prosthetic crowns.Characteristics
- High concentration of fibers
- Metal filament
- Modulus of elasticity similar to dentin´s
- Conical tip
- Parallel shape with grooves
- Direct use (prefabricated)
- Longitundinal fibers
- Great mechanical properties
- Allows radiographic visualization
- Lower risk of root fracture
- Less tissue removal in apical third of root canal
- Great retention
- Saves clinical time and decreases lab costs
- Easy removal
- Ref. 711 - Reforpost Carbon Fiber Refill 1 - 5 posts nº 1
- Ref. 712 - Reforpost Carbon Fiber Refill 2 - 5 posts nº 2
- Ref. 713 - Reforpost Carbon Fiber Refill 3 - 5 posts nº 3