They are used in the measurement of any prosthetic space such as:
- Buccal prosthetic spaces through the technique of wear with silicone guides;
- Interocclusal prosthetic spaces;
- Distance between the base of the implant and the gingival margin;
- Height and width of teeth and to assist as real ruler for DSD (Digital Smile Design).
Yes, they can be sterilized as any other metal instrument.What are the sizes of the instruments?
- The set of Prosthetic Space Calibrators consists of 06 keys. The keys can be combined to form thicknesses from 0.25 to 2.75 mm.
- Prosthetic Space Calibrators: 0.25 mm, 0.5 mm, 0.75 mm, 1 mm, 1.25 mm and 1.5 mm.
Buccal prosthetic space gauge using the wear technique using silicone guides.
1. Make a buccal silicone guide over the diagnostic wax-up or sound tooth in the arch;
2. Position the guide over the teeth to be prepared and assess possible existing spaces;
3. Wear out the teeth with diamond tips or laminated cutters to the required space. This space is dependent on factors such as substrate color and material to be used in the restoration. Basic space references: Teeth without color modification and requiring little modification of shape – Treatment with ceramics or resins: 0.2 and 0.5 mm of buccal prosthetic space.
- Teeth with slight color change – Treatment with ceramics or resins: 0.6 and 1.0 mm of buccal prosthetic space.
- Teeth with severe color change – Treatment with ceramics: 1.0 and 1.5 mm. Resin treatment between 1.25 to 2.00 mm of buccal prosthetic space.
- Coverage of cast metal cores – Treatment with ceramics: 1.5 to 2 mm of buccal prosthetic space.
4. Insert the Prosthetic Space Meter of the intended width between the prepared tooth surface and the silicone guide. The guide may have cuts that show the spaces at each vestibular third.
Interocclusal Prosthetic Space Meter
- Insert the Prosthetic Space Meter between the upper and lower teeth.
- Insert the Prosthetic Space Meter between the teeth to assess the space between them.
Distance the Meter between the base of the implant and the gingival margin
- With the millimeter ruler of the Prosthetic Space Meters, choose the brace height of the prosthetic component over the implant.
Measure of height and width of the teeth
- Using the millimeter ruler, measure the height and width of the teeth.
Auxiliary as real ruler for DSD
- With the photograph in hand, position the ruler in the same incisal plane as the central incisors to aid in the actual measurement in digital drawings.
Prosthetic Space Calibrator
Your accurate guidance!Description
Prosthetic Space Calibrator.Recommendation
Checking prosthetic spaces' measures.Characteristics
- Six classic measures
- With handle
- Stainless steel
- Measurement recording on handle
- Correct measurement of spaces in the making of crowns and veneers
- Easy handling
- Guarantee of Biosafety
- Does not undergo corrosion
- Easy thickness identification
- Ref. 2156 - Prosthetic Space Calibrator Set with 6 measures (0,25;0,5; 0,75;1,0; 1,25 E 1,5mm)