Gates Burs are extremely used in endodontics, acting at the cervical third level, at most to the middle third of the root canal.Until what depth can Gates Burs be used?
The active part can reach up to 19mm depth.What precautions should be had when using this bur?
- Use the burs always with the canals flooded with irrigating solutions. This precaution avoids higher condensation of scraps of dentin in the apical portion of the canal, and reduces heating.
- Use maximum speed throughout the instrument introducing and removal maneuver from the canal, as a motor stop could make its removal difficult.
- Never force lateral movements to the instrument, if such movements are performed, it may determine its fracture.
- Perform only one or at most two insertion and removal maneuvers of the instrument inside the canal.
- What will impose the Gates number (1-6) to be used is the anatomy (anatomic diameter).
Endodontic access burs.Recommendation
Preparation of the middle third and cervical of canals and consequential compensatory abrasion; Pulpectomy and disobturation of root canals.Characteristics
- In stainless steel
- For low rotation
- Number from 1 to 6
- Autoclavable package
- Resistant to corrosion, not oxidizing with continuous sterilization
- Control in the access to canal
- For all types of conduits
- Allows the use of packaging as a bur holder
- Ref. 1962 - Gates bur 32mm - package with 1 unit
- Ref. 1964 - Gates bur 32mm - package with 1 unit
- Ref. 1966 - Gates bur 32mm - package with 1 unit
- Ref. 1968 - Gates bur 32mm - package with 1 unit
- Ref. 1970 - Gates bur 32mm - package with 1 unit
- Ref. 1972 - Gates bur 32mm - package with 1 unit