Precise adaptation to root canal: the post shape follows the canal anatomy.Why do conical posts need specific burs?
Because the adaptation must be precise according to the root canal, otherwise there may be a lack of retention due to the conical shape of the post. All conical posts require standardized burs.What is the purpose of the latex ring placed on Exacto?
To show the site for cutting the post and, because of the association of their colors with those of the burs, to allow identification of the correct bur.How should be the cementation of a glass fiber post?
Preferentially with chemically-cured adhesives and cements, such as Fusion Duralink and Cement Post.
Here are the cementation steps:
- Root canal cleaning with 37% phosphoric acid etching for 15 to 30 seconds followed by rinsing with water and drying with absorbent paper points.
- Application of the chemically-cured Fusion Duralink adhesive inside root canal.
- Excess of adhesive components must be removed with paper points.
- Post cleaning with alcohol and application of the silane solution, Silano. After 1 minute, the post should be gently dried with air.
- Application of the chemically-cured Fusion Duralink adhesive on the post.
- Cementation with a chemically (self)-cured cement (Cement Post).
No, the Exacto System drills can be purchased in the Kit, which includes all the numbering of the posts, or in the Trial Kit, which only includes a numbering with the drill.
Glass fiber intraradicular conical post.Recommendation
Support of restorations and prosthetic crowns.Characteristics
- Greater radiopacity
- Standardized burs with inactive tip
- High concentration of fibers
- Special glass fiber
- Double taper
- Modulus of elasticity similar to dentin´s
- Silicone stop
- Direct use (prefabricated)
- Longitudinal fibers
- Versatility of sizes
- Allows radiographic visualization
- Precise calibration of posts according to burs present in the kit. Very thin cement layer
- Better mechanical properties
- Excellent transmission of light
- Matches root canal shape
- Lower risk of root fracture
- Identifies post size and indicates place for cutting
- Saves clinical time and decreases lab costs
- Easy removal
- Indicated for most clinical cases
- Ref. 9087 - Exacto Trial Kit 5 posts Nº 0.5 and 1 bur Nº 0.5
- Ref. 9117 - Exacto Trial Kit 5 posts Nº 1 and 1 bur Nº 1
- Ref. 9127 - Exacto Trial Kit 5 posts Nº 2 and 1 bur Nº 2
- Ref. 9137 - Exacto Trial Kit 5 posts Nº 3 and 1 bur Nº 3
- Ref. 9147 - Exacto Kit 15 posts (5 of each Nº 1, Nº 2 and Nº 3) and 3 burs (1 of each Nº 1, Nº 2 and Nº 3)
- Ref. 9097 - Exacto Reposição 5 posts Nº 0.5
- Ref. 9157 - Exacto Reposição 5 posts Nº 1
- Ref. 9167 - Exacto Reposição 5 posts Nº 2
- Ref. 9177 - Exacto Reposição 5 posts Nº 3