Sealing not fully erupted posterior teeth in young patients is a great aid in the prevention of caries lesions. Pits and fissures of such teeth are sites of high incidence of this disease.What is the color of Defense Chroma?
Defense Chroma is transparent in temperatures above 31 oC (mouth temperature is 35 oC +). In temperatures below 31 oC, it turns blue.Why is the thermochromic pigment necessary?
For the easy identification of the sealed site, either by professionals or patients, who will be able to see any possible failures or fractures of the sealant.Is Defense Chroma light cured?
Yes, Defense Chroma is a light cured pit and fissure sealant.Does Defense Chroma have other colors?
Transparent Defense Chroma is the only available. The thermochromic blue pigment is only activated for visualization in the mouth.How is the thermochromic pigment activated?
- For dentists: rinse the sealed tooth with water or dry with air.
- For patients: drinking cold water is enough to activate the pigment.
The sealant becomes transparent with the reestablishment of the normal oral temperature.
Transparent: For better control, color changes after cooling with air jet.Description
Light-cured pit and fissure sealant.Recommendation
Sealing of pits and fissures in young permanent teeth.Characteristics
- With fluoride (NaF)
- With inorganic filler (50% Barium glass)
- Excellent viscosity
- Exclusive thermochromic pigment
- Protection of the sealed area
- Esthetics for patient
- Resistant to abrasion
- Greater penetration into pits and fissures
- Allows visualization after aplication and in control sessions
- Ref. 8720 - Defense-Chroma 1 syringer of 2.5g, 1 application tip, 1 cover for the syringe